Friday, August 19, 2005

How to put Google Adverts in your Blogger blog

(From a guy who's just done it.)

Okay, so I'm not a professional blogger, I've been using Blogger for about four days and this is about my fifth post. You'll notice that I'm using a default template but I have Google Adsense ads over there on the left, and if you scroll down you'll see a few more Google links of a different kind, at the bottom. I think they look pretty good. How?

There are two main things to do: sign up to an Adsense account with Google; and edit your Blogger template. The first one is as easy as signing up for, say, an email account. The second involves "copying" and "pasting". Think you can manage that? :-) Okay, then do it now, as you're reading this.

Signing up to Adsense

Nothing too strenuous here. You'll need:
Ready? Click here to start: Join Adsense, and on that page click the button that looks like this:




Fill in your information as above. It's all on one screen. Then just click Submit. You have a second chance to check your data, then click Confirm. You can close that window now.

Check your email (the one you signed up with!). You should quickly receive an email with a confirmation link. Click that link...



Is this what you see? Congratulations, you can now use Adsense.


So I have to wait a few days, right?

Well yes and no. You have to wait a few days until you can start to earn money with your adverts. But I can show you how simple it is; and when you are approved, it will take seconds to complete the final step.

So here's what you see when you log in.




Since you haven't earned anything yet, skip the Reports (above) and move to the "Adsense for Content" tab (below), which is the only one that's important to us. This is the page where you choose all the options for your advert. Those options decide the shape and colour of the advert, as well as more advanced options that you can learn about later.


Above: leave Ad Type at the default settings.




Above: This decides the shape and size of the block of adverts. "Wide Skyscraper" is the type you can see running down the left side of my blog, and is a good size for fitting in the sidebar of most blogs.




Above: This decides the color scheme of your adverts. For the moment, select one of the default options - you can make up your own one later. See this post for a great tip on setting custom colors.



Above: Alternate Ad, Channel, Framed pages - you can definitely skip these advanced options.



Above: at the bottom of the page, the result! Don't worry, you don't type anything or need to understand this code. You just copy and paste it into your blog's template. If you're following these instructions step by right now, leave your browser open at this point, and open a new window to look at your blog's template.

The Template

If you've glanced at the template tab before, you may have seen a mass of unrecognisable code. Don't worry, this does not involve learning HTML, CSS, or anything else. The basic idea is that you are going to find a suitable place to paste the Adsense code that you saw above. So edit your blog, and click the Template tab:



You need to find a "safe" place in that spaghetti of code, to put the Adsense advert. I'll assume that you still want the long tall shape, and you want to put it in the sidebar. However I can't tell you exactly where to put it, because each template is different. Remember when you signed up to Blogger and choose one of about 20 colorful designs? This is the place where they're different... So start scrolling through that text. You're looking for this text:

<!-- End #sidebar -->

I can give you a tip: scroll all the way to the bottom, and then start searching upwards. In many of the templates, it's towards the bottom. The aim is to insert your Adsense code within the sidebar section (between the beginning and the end...)



Above: this is an example of the original orange template (without my other modifications.) At the bottom of this picture, you can see the End sidebar message. If you paste the Adsense code at this point, it will appear below everything else in the sidebar (but before the end).






Once you've found the End sidebar message, you can scroll up a little, and paste the Adsense code in different places. Above: in the first example, the adverts would be below your photo + profile summary. In the second example (not in all templates) they would be below those links. By the way, I've highlighted the links in blue above: if you don't use them, perhaps it's time to delete them, or replace them with some of your favourite websites.

Once you've pasted your Adsense code into your template, I strongly recommend you click Preview and check the result, before clicking Save. That way, if you do delete something important from the template, you can exit without saving, and try again. If you still can't recover your template, click "Pick new" template, and select your own template again, to reset everything.

Comments:
Check this out for FREE...

This opportunity says:

"Your Ad" Will Be Instantly Displayed on Thousands of Websites and Read By Over 10 Million People Per Week For FREE, and It Only Takes 60 Seconds To Get Started!

To find out more visit: profitable home based businesses site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and profitable home based businesses related stuff.
 
Hi friends, pleasant paragraph and fastidious urging commented here, I
am genuinely enjoying by these.

my page günstig kredit ohne schufa
Feel free to surf my weblog ::
 
My brother recommended I might like this website.
He was entirely right. This post actually made my day.
You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
Also visit my web site sofort kredit ohne schufa auskunft
 
Hi to every body, it's my first pay a quick visit of this web site; this weblog consists of remarkable and truly fine material designed for readers.
My webpage: private krankenversicherung vergleich gesetzliche
 
Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five
foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it
with someone!
Also visit my web page ; st barts all inclusive
 
Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own
a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam
responses? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?

I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.
Also see my webpage :: outlet internet
 
Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere,
when i read this paragraph i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant post.
My blog post :: private krankenversicherung sinnvoll
 
Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this post is awesome,
nice written and come with almost all significant infos.
I'd like to peer more posts like this .

Here is my web-site :: how to make money on clickbank
Here is my web-site :
 
Having read this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you
finding the time and effort to put this informative article together.

I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!
My webpage - home careers
 
Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the challenges.
It was really informative. Your site is very useful. Many
thanks for sharing!
Visit my blog : how to earn money through clickbank
 
What's up, the whole thing is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's really excellent, keep up
writing.
My site :: block island vacations
 
Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent job!
Here is my homepage bad credit mortgage
 
Hurrah! At last I got a website from where I can truly take useful facts concerning my study and knowledge.
Here is my web blog ; the best affiliate program
 
Tremendous issues here. I'm very glad to see your post. Thank you a lot and I am taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
Have a look at my homepage - auto loans for bad credit
 
This info is invaluable. Where can I find out more?
Feel free to visit my website : most romantic honeymoon
 
Its not my first time to visit this site, i am browsing this web page dailly and take
pleasant information from here every day.
Here is my web site ... resellers hosting
 
This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i
am actually pleassant to read everthing at single place.
Also visit my web blog : interest rates on private student loans
 
When some one searches for his essential thing, so he/she needs to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.
Also visit my web page - best home loan for bad credit
 
It's truly a nice and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
Look at my weblog : seo service packages
 
Very good post. I'm experiencing a few of these issues as well..
my page :: cpa network
 
What's up everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this site, and piece of writing is truly fruitful in support of me, keep up posting such content.
Also visit my weblog entrepreneur ideas for college students
 
Hi there to every , for the reason that I am in fact eager of reading this blog's post to be updated on a regular basis. It contains pleasant material.
Feel free to visit my site - can i still get a mortgage with bad credit
 
Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back at some point. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice weekend!

My weblog: online Fashion outlet
Have a look at my website :: www.gotorhodes.com/users/EstherZa
 
great points altogether, you just received a brand new reader.
What would you suggest in regards to your put up that you made some
days ago? Any sure?

Have a look at my web-site - seo service toronto
 
This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!


Check out my website: exklusive kleider online
 
Thank you, I have just been searching for info approximately this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I have came upon till now.

But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive about the supply?


Feel free to surf to my web blog ... vacation specials all inclusive
 
I will right away grasp your rss as I can't to find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me realize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

Feel free to visit my web site ... Benutzer:JosephULW – Das Versicherungs Wiki
 
Hello mates, its wonderful article about educationand fully defined, keep
it up all the time.

Here is my site Read �
 
Can you tell us more about this? I'd love to find out some additional information.

my web site: caribbean islands
 
Unquestionably believe that that you stated. Your favourite reason seemed to
be at the internet the easiest factor to take into account
of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst people think
about issues that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing with no need side effect , other people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Also visit my site - private gesetzliche krankenversicherung
 
That is a really good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.

Brief but very accurate information… Thank you
for sharing this one. A must read post!

Also visit my website just click the following internet site
 
When someone writes an article he/she keeps the image of a user in his/her mind that how a user can be aware of it.
Therefore that's why this piece of writing is outstdanding. Thanks!

Here is my web site; Krankenversicherung mitglieder
 
Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I wanted to
write a little comment to support you.

Feel free to visit my page - Günstige Reisen Türkei
 
First off I want to say awesome blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing. I've had trouble clearing
my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there.
I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the
first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying
to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Thank
you!

Also visit my website ... handys Ohne schufa
 
You're a very sensible individual!

my weblog: search engine optimization rates ()
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

 Previously:    More about Blogger as a Blogging Tool    First impressions: it's slow    "My First Blog" isn't getting off to a very good s...   

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?